List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olaf Stein Date:January 16 2008 2:46pm
Subject:Re: database theory book recommendations?
View as plain text
Not necessarily theory but very good if you want to work with mysql is the
mysql 5.0 certification guide

olaf

On 1/16/08 9:40 AM, "Toby Douglass" <toby.douglass@stripped> wrote:

> I'm currently applying for a developer job with mySQL.
>
> I want to improve my database theory knowledge.
>
> Any book recommendations?
>
> Searching on-line is surprisingly unhelpful; the only things I've found so
> far which looks half-sensible are "Database is Depth" by Chris Date, and
> "Expert mySQL" by Charles A. Bell (which looks more practical rather than
> theoretical).

----------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice:
The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.
Thread
database theory book recommendations?Toby Douglass16 Jan
  • Re: database theory book recommendations?Olaf Stein16 Jan
  • Re: database theory book recommendations?Baron Schwartz16 Jan
    • Re: database theory book recommendations?mos16 Jan
  • Re: database theory book recommendations?Martijn Tonies16 Jan