List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:January 15 2008 10:25pm
Subject:RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?
View as plain text
On Tue, January 15, 2008 14:19, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> [...]
I think I remember a README file in 3.23 that said something like this.
If its still true it may be because if the server knows it doesn't need to
deal with networking it can skip a whole bunch of tests like is this
connection over a network.  Using sockets involves less work than going
through the TCP/IP stack, even if mysql itself doesn't take more time the
OS will. Note, my information is dated.

Bill

Thread
does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Daevid Vincent14 Jan
  • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Moon's Father14 Jan
    • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Sebastian Mendel14 Jan
      • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Moon's Father15 Jan
        • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Sebastian Mendel15 Jan
        • RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Daevid Vincent15 Jan
          • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Baron Schwartz15 Jan
            • RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Daevid Vincent15 Jan
              • RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Wm Mussatto15 Jan
          • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Sebastian Mendel16 Jan