List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:January 15 2008 9:49pm
Subject:Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?
View as plain text
> > On Jan 14, 2008 7:00 AM, Daevid Vincent < daevid@stripped> wrote:
> >
> >> I saw this on the PHP list and was wondering if there is any merit to
> it?!
> >> I would be surprised if disabling networking made a difference. I'm only
> >> concerned about the added speed. I get the security benefit of course.

Why don't you ask the author of the original post to explain or
justify his opinion on faster performance, instead of asking people
who didn't make that claim?
Thread
does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Daevid Vincent14 Jan
  • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Moon's Father14 Jan
    • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Sebastian Mendel14 Jan
      • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Moon's Father15 Jan
        • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Sebastian Mendel15 Jan
        • RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Daevid Vincent15 Jan
          • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Baron Schwartz15 Jan
            • RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Daevid Vincent15 Jan
              • RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Wm Mussatto15 Jan
          • Re: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?Sebastian Mendel16 Jan