List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:January 15 2008 9:41pm
Subject:RE: does 'disable networking' make mySQL faster?
View as plain text
Huh? This doesn't make any sense to me.

If I'm running a LAMP box (all services on the same box), and my PHP calls
out to the mySQL database, I would expect it to use the fastest method
possible (since it's LOCAL). If that's sockets, then that's what it should
use. I would think this to be a horrible design flaw if the mere fact that I
have networking enabled (for the times I want to connect SQLYog to the RDBMS
to manually run SQL commands) should NOT slow down or hurt my PHP
applications performance in any way, shape or form!? I seriously hope that
by turning on networking, mySQL isn't stupid enough to then start trying to
connect my PHP application to "localhost" via 127.0.0.1 or something equally
assinine.

Please tell me this isn't the case.

  _____