List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:January 13 2008 10:27pm
Subject:Selecting virtual rows
View as plain text
I am working on a query where I need to get a certain number of rows based
on a setting BUT if the number limited does not exist then return nulls
instead.

SELECT ca.filename,ca.attributeid
FROM companyattributes ca
WHERE ca.companyid=1234
LIMIT (SELECT at.LimitMovies
FROM accounttypes AS at LEFT JOIN companies as c on
c.accounttypeid=at.accounttypeid
WHERE c.companyid=1234)

This will return the first x rows BUT obviously if none exist I get 0 rows.
If there are 2 in the limit statement I but if there are 0 found I need
something like this

attributeId | fileName
________________________
NULL        NULL
NULL        NULL

OR if there is actually something found -

attributeId | fileName
________________________
1           file1.jpg
2           file2.jpg

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : steffan@stripped
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Selecting virtual rowsSteffan A. Cline13 Jan