List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:January 4 2008 6:00pm
Subject:Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?
View as plain text
Question is, will anyone ever have to write a quick utility in perl (or
any language which uses '$' as a delimiter) to support this?  Will you
have to explain your tables to anyone else?
On Fri, January 4, 2008 09:15, Victor Subervi wrote:
> LOL! True. I'm a Python guy ;)
>
> On Jan 4, 2008 1:14 PM, Gerald L. Clark <gclark@stripped>
> wrote:
>
>>  Victor Subervi wrote:
>> > Hi;
>> > I discovered I can use a $ sign in table names:
>> > my$table
>> > Is this recommended against? It's kind of handy in my app.
>> > TIA,
>> > Victor
>> >
>> If you write any PHP or Perl code, you will be very sorry.
>>
>> --
>> Gerald L. Clark
>> Supplier Systems Corporation

Thread
Any Penalty For $ Sign?Victor Subervi4 Jan
Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?Victor Subervi4 Jan
  • Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?Wm Mussatto4 Jan
    • Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?Victor Subervi4 Jan
      • Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?Wm Mussatto4 Jan
Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?Victor Subervi4 Jan
  • Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?mos4 Jan
    • Re: Any Penalty For $ Sign?Moon's Father5 Jan