List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B. Keith Murphy Date:January 4 2008 2:15am
Subject:Re: automation question
View as plain text
Martin,

I took a quick look at the tools that you mentioned.  Seems you are
heavily involved in Java :)

We don't use Java at all, and other than using cron (which I do use for
backups and standard stuff like that) not really what I am looking for.
After thinking about this, I suspect that this will all just be a custom
scripting with something like dsh for the distributed part.  Not really
looking for source code control -- more like things to manage the
distribution of standardized my.cnf files (which we already control
using subversion) to 100 servers at a time.  Looking to scale efforts so
I don't have to manually do things.

thanks,

Keith

--
B. Keith Murphy

Paragon Consulting Services
http://www.paragon-cs.com
850-637-3877

Thread
automation questionB. Keith Murphy3 Jan
  • RE: automation questionMartin Gainty3 Jan
    • Re: automation questionB. Keith Murphy3 Jan
      • Re: automation questionB. Keith Murphy4 Jan
        • Re: automation questionMoon's Father5 Jan