List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B. Keith Murphy Date:January 3 2008 7:34pm
Subject:Re: automation question
View as plain text
Martin,

Martin Gainty wrote:
> 3 ideas come to mind-
> cron and or cruisecontrol for off-hours scripting
> ant for handling cross-platform scripting
> maven for implementing dependency checking as well as the ability to
> pull from online repositories

I will take a look at these.  I am certainly familiar with cron.  The
others not so much.

> Youtube.com
> I worked with a company last summer that implemented identical
> functionality and wanted to firewall youtube videos to use their
> (considerably more capable as far as supporting every codec on the
> planet) player..youtube said if you link/use/href any amount of
> content to our site then you MUST use our player..its no WONDER they
> have that incredible pageview traffic ..
>
> Is there some specific functionality you want to Automate???
I have some things in mind, but basically any task that I am performing
across multiple servers I want to automate.  While I might have time to
manually do things across 20 servers (not really... but that is the
current state) I won't be able to do so across 100.  Make sense?

--
B. Keith Murphy

Paragon Consulting Services
http://www.paragon-cs.com
850-637-3877

Thread
automation questionB. Keith Murphy3 Jan
  • RE: automation questionMartin Gainty3 Jan
    • Re: automation questionB. Keith Murphy3 Jan
      • Re: automation questionB. Keith Murphy4 Jan
        • Re: automation questionMoon's Father5 Jan