List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:January 3 2008 7:00pm
Subject:RE: automation question
View as plain text
3 ideas come to mind-
cron and or cruisecontrol for off-hours scriptingant for handling cross-platform
scriptingmaven for implementing dependency checking as well as the ability to pull from
online repositories
Youtube.comI worked with a company last summer that implemented identical functionality
and wanted to firewall youtube videos to use their (considerably more capable as far as
supporting every codec on the planet) player..youtube said if you link/use/href any
amount of content to our site then you MUST use our player..its no WONDER they have that
incredible pageview traffic ..
Is there some specific functionality you want to Automate???Thanks/Martin
Gainty______________________________________________Disclaimer and confidentiality
noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of
Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse
distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily
endorse content contained within this transmission.> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:06:07
-0500> From: bmurphy@stripped> To: mysql@stripped> Subject:
automation question> > Everyone,> > So, I have been thinking recently about
automation. This morning I > listened to a talk by one of the three dbas at Youtube
(from the MySQL > Users Conference last year). Think about that. They mentioned >
100,000,000 pageviews in one day (the data was from 2006). And THREE > dbas. Of course
this is done by automating anything you can. This > isn't the first time I have heard
of such ratios of servers/dbas. > > While I don't have the servers or the traffic
that they do at Youtube we > are growing quite nicely and adding db servers on a
fairly regular > basis. It is time to put some serious thought into automating some
> things. I was wondering what experience others have had with any > technologies
(I am modestly familier with "expect" and have touched > "dsh"). > >
Thoughts??> > thanks,> > keith> > > -- > B. Keith Murphy> >
Paragon Consulting Services> http://www.paragon-cs.com> 850-637-3877> > >
-- > MySQL General Mailing List> For list archives: