List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B. Keith Murphy Date:January 3 2008 6:06pm
Subject:automation question
View as plain text
Everyone,

So, I have been thinking recently about automation.  This morning I
listened to a talk by one of the three dbas at Youtube (from the MySQL
Users Conference last year).  Think about that.  They mentioned
100,000,000 pageviews in one day (the data was from 2006).  And THREE
dbas.  Of course this is done by automating anything you can.  This
isn't the first time I have heard of such ratios of servers/dbas.

While I don't have the servers or the traffic that they do at Youtube we
are growing quite nicely and adding db servers on a fairly regular
basis.  It is time to put some serious thought into automating some
things.  I was wondering what experience others have had with any
technologies (I am modestly familier with "expect" and have touched
"dsh").

Thoughts??

thanks,

keith

--
B. Keith Murphy

Paragon Consulting Services
http://www.paragon-cs.com
850-637-3877

Thread
automation questionB. Keith Murphy3 Jan
  • RE: automation questionMartin Gainty3 Jan
    • Re: automation questionB. Keith Murphy3 Jan
      • Re: automation questionB. Keith Murphy4 Jan
        • Re: automation questionMoon's Father5 Jan