List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:January 2 2008 10:20pm
Subject:RE: Database Cleaner
View as plain text
Do it anyways. Release it as Open Source. IBM is big into the FOSS
community, and I seriously doubt they will persue this.

Just because they have a patent, you can always build a better mouse trap.
You are allowed to improve upon an idea that is patented, or do it a
slightly different way the patent states.

Honestly, sometimes ignorance is bliss. It might have been a better idea to
NOT research patents -- it's not like you were going to build a company
around this little script.

Thread
Database CleanerMiriam Kugel29 Dec
  • Re: Database CleanerBaron Schwartz30 Dec
  • RE: Database CleanerDaevid Vincent2 Jan
    • Re: Database CleanerDavid T.  Ashley2 Jan