List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 20 2007 9:46pm
Subject:Re: Bug: Different data for different connections
View as plain text
> >> So MySQL does support nested transaction and both "SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0"
> >> and "START TRANSACTION" start a new transaction level, is that true?
> >
> > I didn't say it supports nested transactions, I said that if your
> > application
> > starts a single transaction and does not finish it, it will continue
seeing
> > the same data despite other transactions (PHPMyAdmin) changing your
> > data.
>
> Okay, I got that. So a COMMIT statement after disabling autocommit mode
> and another START TRANSACTION does not finish my transaction. (But then,
> what does?) Interesting view, I didn't know that. But now all's clear: I
> won't touch autocommit mode anymore and everything works as expected.
> Thanks for your help.

A COMMIT _should_ finish your transaction yes.

Are you sure you're executing the COMMIT on the same connection?

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
    • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
      • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
        • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
          • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsMartijn Tonies20 Dec