List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:December 20 2007 9:42pm
Subject:Re: Bug: Different data for different connections
View as plain text
On 20.12.2007 21:34 CE(S)T, Martijn Tonies wrote:
>> So MySQL does support nested transaction and both "SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0"
>> and "START TRANSACTION" start a new transaction level, is that true?
>
> I didn't say it supports nested transactions, I said that if your
> application
> starts a single transaction and does not finish it, it will continue seeing
> the same data despite other transactions (PHPMyAdmin) changing your
> data.

Okay, I got that. So a COMMIT statement after disabling autocommit mode
and another START TRANSACTION does not finish my transaction. (But then,
what does?) Interesting view, I didn't know that. But now all's clear: I
won't touch autocommit mode anymore and everything works as expected.
Thanks for your help.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@stripped>
Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
      • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
        • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
          • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsMartijn Tonies20 Dec