List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:December 20 2007 9:18pm
Subject:Re: Bug: Different data for different connections
View as plain text
Hi,

On Dec 20, 2007 3:33 PM, Yves Goergen <nospam.list@stripped> wrote:
> On 20.12.2007 21:14 CE(S)T, Baron Schwartz wrote:
> > It doesn't support nested transactions.  What you're seeing is the
> > effects of MVCC.  The InnoDB section of the MySQL manual explains it.
>
> I wasn't able to find MVCC-related information (I assume it means Multi
> Version Concurrency Control, not sure whether that's correct) in the
> MySQL manual. But Martijn's explanation gives me an idea what it could
> be about. But then again, if MySQL doesn't support nested transactions,
> I don't see how any information can be frozen until a point when the
> transaction has already been commited.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-transaction-model.html
Thread
Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
    • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
      • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
        • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
          • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsMartijn Tonies20 Dec