List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:bruce Date:December 20 2007 8:58pm
Subject:RE: Name-based virtual servers?
View as plain text
ryan...

mysql has the ability to set access rights to a given database/tables for
given users.

so it's easy to create a database, and to only allow a given set of users
access to the database. in fact, if you lock it down enough, only the user
with permissions will know the db exists... unless they have access to the
physical filesystem, and then it's a simple matter of examining the dir or
the files.. (assuming myisam)..

regards...