List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 20 2007 8:34pm
Subject:Re: Bug: Different data for different connections
View as plain text

> On 20.12.2007 20:34 CE(S)T, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> > Are your tables InnoDB? If so, the snapshot transaction is giving you
> > a static view on the data and your own changes, while your PHPMyAdmin
> > commits the NULL write. Your application keeps on seeing your own
> > changes, cause it did not end the snapshot transaction.
>
> Yes, all tables are InnoDB.
>
> So MySQL does support nested transaction and both "SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0"
> and "START TRANSACTION" start a new transaction level, is that true?

I didn't say it supports nested transactions, I said that if your
application
starts a single transaction and does not finish it, it will continue seeing
the same data despite other transactions (PHPMyAdmin) changing your
data.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
    • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
      • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
        • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
          • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsMartijn Tonies20 Dec