List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:December 20 2007 8:33pm
Subject:Re: Bug: Different data for different connections
View as plain text
On 20.12.2007 21:14 CE(S)T, Baron Schwartz wrote:
> It doesn't support nested transactions.  What you're seeing is the
> effects of MVCC.  The InnoDB section of the MySQL manual explains it.

I wasn't able to find MVCC-related information (I assume it means Multi
Version Concurrency Control, not sure whether that's correct) in the
MySQL manual. But Martijn's explanation gives me an idea what it could
be about. But then again, if MySQL doesn't support nested transactions,
I don't see how any information can be frozen until a point when the
transaction has already been commited.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@stripped>
Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
      • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
        • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsBaron Schwartz20 Dec
          • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsYves Goergen20 Dec
  • Re: Bug: Different data for different connectionsMartijn Tonies20 Dec