List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Haeberle Date:April 20 1999 2:23pm
Subject:Is there a way to know if It's a number?
View as plain text
Hi,

is there a way to check if a value is a number?
Something like SELECT isNumber(string)?

I am having problems at my website the people are sometimes entering
strings into fields that will be calculated with later on in MySQL
(currency units). I know there are other solutions to checking if a
value is a number (including JavaScript), but I do not want to use
another solution just for this.

Thanks in advance

Jochen

...and I did look into the maual first...
Thread
help! restoringpete collins19 Apr
  • Re: help! restoringChristian Mack20 Apr
    • Is there a way to know if It's a number?Jochen Haeberle20 Apr
      • Is there a way to know if It's a number?Michael Widenius21 Apr
        • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Paul DuBois21 Apr
  • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Benjamin Scherrey21 Apr
    • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Thimble Smith21 Apr
  • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Fred Read21 Apr
Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Christopher R. Jones21 Apr
  • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Graham Ashton22 Apr