List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:December 16 2007 4:48pm
Subject:Update but insert if not exist
View as plain text
I am trying to think of a trick way to handle something. I have been
successful in using the multiple inserts in one row by using the
,(xx,xx,xx),(xx,xx,xx),(xx,xx,xx) in a values block. BUT Is it possible to
insert if not there for example

Update xxxx
    if anyone not found then insert new with same criteria as update
Where region_id in (2,3,4,5,6)

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : steffan@stripped
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Update but insert if not existSteffan A. Cline16 Dec
  • Re: Update but insert if not existAfan Pasalic16 Dec
    • Re: Update but insert if not existRob Wultsch17 Dec
  • Re: Update but insert if not existJ Trahair17 Dec
    • Re: Update but insert if not existJay Pipes17 Dec