List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Jaeger Date:December 16 2007 2:58pm
Subject:How to configure libmysql to use a particular source IP?
View as plain text
Hello

We have the following setup: a host A is running several web
applications from different customers, each application/customer
(virtual host) having it's own different incoming IP. A host B is
running a MySQL instance, which is being used by the applications on A.
Note that every customer has a different incoming IP, but for outgoing
connections, every application is using the same source IP, the first
one of A.

Now one of the applications on A is randomly wreaking havoc, leading the
MySQL server to block ("Host 'A' is blocked because of many connection
errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"). Since all customers'
applications are using the same source IP, all of them are blocked at once.

So my question is: how can we tell libmysql to use a particular source
IP, so that we can configure each customer to use a different one (e.g.
his incoming IP)?

There are both PHP and Perl users, so it should preferably be a solution
that works for both.

Christian.

Thread
How to configure libmysql to use a particular source IP?Christian Jaeger16 Dec