List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Date:December 12 2007 2:12am
Subject:Re: mysqld startup failure
View as plain text
jekillen wrote:
> Hello:
> The saga of this machine continues:
> FreeBSD v6.2
> latest mysql version installed from ports:
> mysql51 client, serve, and scripts.
> There is no /usr/local/mysql
> it did not create this dir.

No idea where it should put the files, a freebsd list might be able to
point you in the right direction.

<snip>

> /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/general_log.frm'
> (errno: 13)
> 071121 15:04:38 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file:
> './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
> 071121 15:04:38 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege
> tables: Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
> 071121 15:04:38  mysqld ended
> where is './mysql/ (etc)? the ./ tells me it is relative to
> /usr/local/libexec
> I have followed the published instruction steps to configure build and
> install
> from source dist and it specifies that data dir should be change to
> owner mysql
> but where is the data dir. It is not in /var, unless it is supposed to
> be in /var/db
> (where I found the hostname error file). Errno: 13 means access denied as I
> understand it. So what dir and files do I change privileges for, if that
> is in fact,
> the problem?

Yep 13 means permission problems (run 'perror 13' at your prompt).

The data dir should be owned by the mysql user & group.

mysqld --print-defaults

should tell you everything you need.
Thread
mysqld startup failurejekillen22 Nov
  • Re: mysqld startup failureChris12 Dec
  • Re: mysqld startup failureKen Menzel13 Dec
    • Re: mysqld startup failurejekillen13 Dec
      • Re: mysqld startup failurejekillen13 Dec