List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anders Norrbring Date:December 11 2007 3:38pm
Subject:Query help, please..
View as plain text
I'm looking at a situation I haven't run into before, and I'm a bit
puzzled by it.

I have this table structure:

Table USERS: userid, class
Table OBJECT: userid, class, result

Now I want to query the database for a certain user's result in a
specified class, which is very, very easy. No problems.

But, I also want to find out the user's position relative to others
depending on the result.

So, if the specified user's result is the 9:th best of all of the users,
I want to have a reply from the DB query that say he has position number 9.

I really can't figure out how to do that... Somehow I have to make MySQL
calculate the position based on the value in the result column.

Thread
Query help, please..Anders Norrbring11 Dec
  • Re: Query help, please..Rob Wultsch11 Dec
    • Re: Query help, please..Jason Pruim11 Dec
  • Re: Query help, please..Peter Brawley11 Dec