List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Sansom Date:December 3 2007 9:53pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustration
View as plain text
At 13:19 -0800 3/12/07, Jeremy Cole wrote:
>I just finished it.  There were 56 questions, not counting the final
>"give us your name" stuff for the prize.  Most of the questions were
>mandatory.
>
>This seems to be a "fill out the form" type of survey system rather
>than a self-adjusting system based on the answers to your previous
>questions.  Many of the questions asked were for things I had
>already said I didn't use...

I didn't have any intention of doing this survey, but my interest was
piqued by this little firestorm that's flared up around it. I was
curious to have at least a quick look at it, so I did this...

>>To take this survey (please note that Zoomerang is the tool we use for our
>>surveys), please go to: http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi

...which is immediately redirected to the rather incomplete looking
<http://www.zoomerang.com/survey-start.zgi?p=> which, sure enough,
simply returns the message: 'Cannot take survey, invalid URL, please
check that the URL is correct and try again.' This has happened in
two different browsers on my Mac (OmniWeb and Firefox) and that's
enough for me - and I'm /definitely/ not firing up my Windows box
just for this purpose!

It does all seem a little unsatisfactory, doesn't it?

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

Anyone who is disturbed by the idea of newts in a
nightclub is potentially dangerous.
    -- Frank Zappa
Thread
RE: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustrationDaevid Vincent3 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustrationMichael Dykman3 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustrationJeremy Cole3 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustrationJeremy Cole3 Dec
    • Re: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustrationChris Sansom3 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Customer Survey :: an exercise in frustrationDaevid Vincent4 Dec