List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:November 20 2007 8:55pm
Subject:RE: IMAGES/PICTURES-MYSQL
View as plain text
It all comes down to what you are most comfortable with. What I have done is
to name each image file with a serial number (1.jpg, 2.gif, 3.png, ...) and
store the path along with the "real" name of the image in a table row. Doing
it this way means that you don't need to program logic to convert a blob in
order to serve it up with a script, you just need to programmatically create a
link to the image file and let the web server do it. I find that easier to
work with, and certainly easier to debug.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032