List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:November 19 2007 10:09pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Leopard
View as plain text
on 11/19/07 2:58 PM, Warren Young at warren@stripped wrote:

> Steffan A. Cline wrote:
>> I built MySQL 5.045 from source and it will run fine, just not
>> from launchd.
>
> My previous post was made with the assumption that you were using the
> official binaries, and that they had not yet qualified them on Leopard.
>   I suggested Fink because it's an easy way to ensure you build from
> source, not because I think Fink is in some essential way better.  The
> fact that you did build from source invalidates my whole line of reasoning.

I tried this because I heard that there were issues with the installers not
working. I did it from source so that I could build a Leopard friendly 64bit
PPC version.

> Was this machine upgraded to Leopard, or freshly installed?
Fresh install.

> And if
> upgraded, did it have a previous version of MySQL on it before?  If so,
> environment differences when running under launchd may be causing the
> linker to pick up old incompatible dynamic libraries.
There was no instance of it but as I mentioned earlier that the only trouble
I had was that the mapping of the mysql vs _mysql user was different.

> Try a 'make
> uninstall', then go back through /usr and /var by hand to ensure no
> traces remain, then reinstall.  If MySQL's Makefiles don't support 'make
> uninstall', just do a by-hand removal.
I'll hit this one up tomorrow if I don't find a solution later on.

It seems surprising that no one else has discussed this issue so far.

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : steffan@stripped
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline17 Nov
Re: MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline17 Nov
  • Re: MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline17 Nov
    • Re: MySQL on LeopardWarren Young19 Nov
      • Re: MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline19 Nov