List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 18 2007 6:36pm
Subject:Re: innodb rollback question
View as plain text
At 02:05 PM 11/16/2007, you wrote:
>How do you import the data?
>
>Load data from file is faster thought
>so better to export myisam -> file and then you do load data from file
>
>make sure you set autocommit=0 to make it faster

Ady,
      Sure but won't the entire Load Data will still be wrapped in a single
transaction? How long would it take to rollback that transaction if it had
over 130 million rows?

Mike

>On Nov 17, 2007 12:29 AM, B. Keith Murphy <bmurphy@stripped> wrote:
>
> > I have something to throw out.  I just got done importing 140 million
> > rows from a myisam table to a innodb table.  While it worked I had a
> > thought about 3/4ths of the way through.  What if the transaction had
> > been canceled about 130 million rows in?  It would have taken weeks to
> > roll back.
> >
> > The only way I know of to stop a rollback like that is to bring out the
> > sledgehammer and kill the mysql processes and then rip out the entire
> > database and re-import.  Faster than the rollback granted - but not very
> > elegant.  Not something you want to do on a production server either
> > (the only time I had this happen it was in a test environment so there
> > were no consequences to my subsequent actions :)
> >
> > Any better way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Keith
> >
> > --
> >

>--
>Regards,
>
>Ady Wicaksono
>Email:
>ady.wicaksono at gmail.com
>http://adywicaksono.wordpress.com/
Thread
innodb rollback questionB. Keith Murphy16 Nov
  • Re: innodb rollback questionAdy Wicaksono16 Nov
    • Re: innodb rollback questionmos18 Nov
Re: innodb rollback questionWilliam Newton16 Nov
  • Re: innodb rollback questionB. Keith Murphy19 Nov