List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:November 17 2007 9:06am
Subject:MySQL on Leopard
View as plain text
I was trying to get MySQL working from a fresh build. I used most of the
tips from here:

http://hivelogic.com/narrative/articles/installing-mysql-on-mac-os-x

I have it installed and all but ran into an issue with the mysql user.

Documentation for dscl is somewhat cryptic. When I was finally able to list
the users I see that the usual uid and gid of 74 belongs to _mysql. What is
the work around for this to change it to plain ole mysql so I can get this
puppy working correctly again?

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : steffan@stripped
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline17 Nov
Re: MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline17 Nov
  • Re: MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline17 Nov
    • Re: MySQL on LeopardWarren Young19 Nov
      • Re: MySQL on LeopardSteffan A. Cline19 Nov