List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Samuel Vogel Date:November 12 2007 10:09pm
Subject:Processlist full of "Opening tables"
View as plain text
Hey guys,

I do run MySQL on a high traffic Server with approximately 10k
databases. Since some time MySQL is has become very sluggish.
When I look at my processlist it shows more than 25 processes (sometimes
of the same & table) with status "Opening tables". Some processes also
show "closing tables".
Since I am running I shared hosting environment, I can not examine the
situation  to such extent, where I could see if table locks are
involved. But it does not seem to be the case, since it does not appear
for just some users, but for everybody. Also when I run a simple select
query it takes more than 2 sec.

I guess MySQL is trying to tell me, that my hard drive is too slow. How
could I ease this situation ?
My key_buffer is set to 1Gb of my 4Gb system memory. Other values are
tweaked as well, but I do not think the matter in that case.
Would partitioning the disk as Raid 0 ease the situation?

What other places do I have to look at, to further narrow down the problem?

Regards,
Samy
Thread
Processlist full of "Opening tables"Samuel Vogel12 Nov
Re: Processlist full of "Opening tables"Samuel Vogel13 Nov