List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lucky Wijaya Date:November 7 2007 7:53am
Subject:Re: Trigger problem
View as plain text
No, I didn't set the delimiter. But, it still have an error after I set delimiter in my
trigger as your example. By the way, what's delimiter mean ? And what it's for ?

Thanks to you Mr. David.

David Schneider-Joseph <david@stripped> wrote: Lucky,

Did you make sure to set your delimiter before and after the CREATE
TRIGGER statement?  e.g.:

DELIMITER ;;

CREATE TRIGGER DEL_TB_INSTRUKSI AFTER DELETE ON Tb_Instruksi
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
  DELETE FROM Tb_Stuffing WHERE No_Instruksi = OLD.No_Instruksi;
END;;

DELIMITER ;

On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:11 PM, Lucky Wijaya wrote:

> Hi, my name is Lucky from Indonesia. I build an database application
> using Delphi 7 & MySQL as the RDBMS. Now, I'm having problem in
> creating trigger in MySQL. Here is the code of the trigger:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER DEL_TB_INSTRUKSI AFTER DELETE ON Tb_Instruksi
> FOR EACH ROW
> BEGIN
>  DELETE FROM Tb_Stuffing WHERE No_Instruksi = OLD.No_Instruksi;
> END;
>
> It results an error message that the SQL syntax (on delete command)
> is incorrect. I didn't find yet the incorrect part of my SQL syntax.
> Could somebody help my problem ? Thank you very much.
>
> Note: I'm already using MySQL v. 5.0.41 and using GUI in creating
> the trigger. I also have tried to create the trigger through mysql
> command line, but it result the same error message.

http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Trigger problemLucky Wijaya7 Nov
  • Re: Trigger problemDavid Schneider-Joseph7 Nov
    • Re: Trigger problemLucky Wijaya7 Nov
      • Re: Trigger problemDavid Schneider-Joseph7 Nov
        • Character encoding problemJames Sherwood7 Nov
          • Re: Character encoding problemmysql7 Nov
            • Re: Character encoding problemJames Sherwood7 Nov
              • Re: Character encoding problemJames Sherwood8 Nov
                • Re: Character encoding problemJames Sherwood8 Nov
              • Re: Character encoding problemmysql8 Nov
                • Character encoding problem STILLJames Sherwood9 Nov
                  • Re: Character encoding problem STILLAnanda Kumar9 Nov
        • Re: Trigger problemLucky Wijaya9 Nov
          • Re: Trigger problemScott13 Nov