List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luca Ferrari Date:November 7 2007 7:41am
Subject:pam and crypt using mysql
View as plain text
Hello,
sorry if this is not the right mailing list to ask this question, hope someone
can point me to a better list in the case.
My problem is that I'd like to use mysql as database for storing user accounts
for different services, and I started using vsftpd. Now, following the
instruction here http://www.howtoforge.com/vsftpd_mysql_debian_etch_p2 I have
to configure the pam module using crypt=2 and to store the user password thru
the password function. However, this didn't work, and after a lot of trials I
found that the only way I can make them working is using crypt=1 and storing
password thru the encrypt function.
Anyone that can provide me a reason why I'm not able to use the password
function? Does it depends on some module I'm missing (with regard to mysql)
or to a misconfigured linux server?

Thanks,
Luca
Thread
pam and crypt using mysqlLuca Ferrari7 Nov