List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 31 2007 4:51am
Subject:Re: MYSQL connection failed: Can not connect to MySQL server
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 31), Jose Romero said:
> Hi,I have a mail system on FreeBSD 6.2 + Exim 4.62 + MySQL 5.0. Exim
> was compiled with MySQL support, the MySQL database is external to
> the mail server. Although the system works, I have a lot of daily
> messages in exim's log with the following error: MYSQL connection
> failed: Can not connect to MySQL server on'192 .168.5.1 '(1) What
> causes some messages are rejected. To try to reproduce the problem I
> have tried doing Telnet connections to the server and MySQL,
> sometimes I get the following error: Telnet 192.168.5.1 3306 Trying
> 192.168.5.1 ... Telnet: connect to address 192.168.5.1: Operation not
> permitted Telnet: Unable to connect to remote host Someone could help
> me with this ?, thanks in advance Best regards

Do you maybe have an ipfw rule that would be blocking that?  That's the
only thing I can think of that will cause an EPERM error on a socket
connect call.  A "limit" rule with a too-low connection count could
cause what you're seeing.  Adding an explicit "allow" rule before your
limit rule, allowing traffic to port 3306 of the other server, should
fix your problem.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped