List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris W Date:October 30 2007 8:55pm
Subject:Group by time range.
View as plain text
I have the following query...
SELECT CreateDate, count( * )
FROM `userprofile`
GROUP BY CreateDate

It isn't exactly what I want.  Records are added to this table in 2 main
ways.  First people use the web site interface to create records.  In
this case, records are only added by one or 2 people and with a
significant time between record inserts.  The second way is through an
import that reads data from a text file.  In the second case the date on
the records will all be close together with about 60 records added per
second.  What I want to do is find all the groups where the inserts all
happened with in say 10 seconds.   So my group by would be more like......

GROUP BY CreateDate +- 10 SECOND

Is there a way to do this?

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com
Thread
Group by time range.Chris W30 Oct
  • Re: Group by time range.Baron Schwartz30 Oct
  • Re: Group by time range.Peter Brawley30 Oct