List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Papalagi Pakeha Date:October 30 2007 8:12am
Subject:Re: Sort results by order in list
View as plain text
Hi,

It comes from external source together with Relevance value (float),
where the first ID has highest relevance and subsequent IDs are in
decreasing order.

For example:
109k7   1.79
s3x6     1.34
sxmns  1.21
wt57     0.93

I could use these numbers in the query as well if it helps.

PaPa

On 10/30/07, Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped> wrote:
> >I.e. the ideal output would be:
> >+-------+---------------------+
> >| id    | start_date          |
> >+-------+---------------------+
> >| 109k7 | 2007-10-07 12:06:58 |
> >| s3x6  | 2007-10-07 08:58:20 |
> >| wt57  | 2007-10-07 15:57:37 |
> >| sxmns | 2007-10-06 02:17:30 |
> >+-------+---------------------+
>
> What rule generates the order 109k7, s3x6, wt57, sxmns?
>
> PB
>
> Papalagi Pakeha wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a query like:
> > SELECT id, start_date FROM iddt WHERE id IN ('109k7','s3x6','sxmns','wt57');
> > which gives me:
> > +-------+---------------------+
> > | id    | start_date          |
> > +-------+---------------------+
> > | 109k7 | 2007-10-07 12:06:58 |
> > | sxmns | 2007-10-06 02:17:30 |
> > | wt57  | 2007-10-07 15:57:37 |
> > | s3x6  | 2007-10-07 08:58:20 |
> > +-------+---------------------+
> >
> > How can I get the results sorted by the order in which they appear in
> > the ID list? Indeed I could do it in the application but prefer to get
> > the results in the right order from MySQL as the ID list may be long
> > and I may need only first few entries cropped by LIMIT clause. Ideally
> > it should ORDER BY DATE(start_date) DESC and then by the ID list. Do I
> > need some sort of stored function for that?
> >
> > I.e. the ideal output would be:
> > +-------+---------------------+
> > | id    | start_date          |
> > +-------+---------------------+
> > | 109k7 | 2007-10-07 12:06:58 |
> > | s3x6  | 2007-10-07 08:58:20 |
> > | wt57  | 2007-10-07 15:57:37 |
> > | sxmns | 2007-10-06 02:17:30 |
> > +-------+---------------------+
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > PaPa

Thread
Sort results by order in listPapalagi Pakeha30 Oct
  • Re: Sort results by order in listPeter Brawley30 Oct
    • Re: Sort results by order in listPapalagi Pakeha30 Oct
      • Re: Sort results by order in listPeter Brawley30 Oct
  • Re: Sort results by order in listSebastian Mendel30 Oct
    • Re: Sort results by order in listPapalagi Pakeha30 Oct
      • Re: Sort results by order in listJohan Höök30 Oct
        • Re: Sort results by order in listPapalagi Pakeha30 Oct