List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Murphy Date:October 29 2007 11:36pm
Subject:Replace on Join
View as plain text
I'm trying to do a join on two pieces of data that are not quite
exactly the same. Basic story, I have 2 tables (output from 2
mainframes) in MySQL where one table has our email addresses as (our old name) and the other has it as (our new
name). So here is an abbreviated version of the query that is trying
to match them, and it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

SELECT * FROM schedule
LEFT JOIN directory ON
(	REPLACE('','', =	)

Kevin Murphy
Webmaster: Information and Marketing Services
Western Nevada College

P.S. Please note that my e-mail and website address have changed from to

Replace on JoinKevin Murphy30 Oct
  • Re: Replace on JoinPeter Brawley30 Oct