List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: mysql Date:October 29 2007 3:01pm
Subject:Re: load data infile and character set
View as plain text
Ananda Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> Try this.
>
> set session collation_database=latin1_swedish_ci;
> set session character_set_database=latin1;

Rather:

set session collation_database=utf8_general_ci;
set session character_set_database=utf8;

Also, make sure you have these in my.cnf:

[client]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqld]
default-character-set=utf8
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'

And you might want to add these also:

collation_server=utf8_unicode_ci
character_set_server=utf8
Thread
load data infile and character setCaleb Racey26 Oct
  • Re: load data infile and character setmysql26 Oct
  • Re: load data infile and character setBaron Schwartz26 Oct
  • Re: load data infile and character setDuĊĦan Pavlica29 Oct
    • Re: load data infile and character setAnanda Kumar29 Oct
      • Re: load data infile and character setmysql29 Oct
Re: load data infile and character setBaron Schwartz26 Oct