List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:October 28 2007 1:25pm
Subject:Re: Table Size
View as plain text
Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Oct 27), Baron Schwartz said:
>> InnoDB has the following extra things, plus some things I might forget:
>>
>> a) the primary key B-Tree
>> b) row versioning information for every row
>> c) 16k page size; each page might not be completely full
>>
>> Those are all counted towards the table size.  Actually, the primary
>> key B-Tree might not be; I'd need to look that up.  But I think it
>> is. Hmmmm.  I just tested -- yes, the PK counts towards table size.
>
> In fact, in InnoDB, all indexes count towards table size, since there
> is a single .ibd file for the whole thing.  So you've got the space
> taken up by your `repid` index to consider as well.

It's true they're in the same file, but the secondary indexes show up in
the 'Index_length' column in SHOW TABLE STATUS.  I was double-checking
that the primary key contributes to the 'Data_length' column, not the
'Index_length' column.
Thread
Table SizeJosh27 Oct
  • Re: Table SizeBaron Schwartz27 Oct