List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:October 26 2007 4:44pm
Subject:Re: load data infile and character set
View as plain text
Caleb Racey wrote:

>>> Thanks for the suggestion
>>>
>>> I'm afraid i get the same behaviour when i try this approach accented
>> values
>>> still truncate at the accent when i use load data infile.
>>>
>> OK, the next suggestion is to use the 'binary' character set.  By the
>> way, I accidentally omitted quotes above; I should have typed
>>
>> SET character_set_database='utf8';
>>
>> You should verify your connection's character sets with
>>
>> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%character%';
>>
>> Try it with 'binary' and see if that works.
>>
>> Baron
>
> thanks again
> I'm afraid 'binary' achieved the  same result  as did using utf8 with
> quotes.

I'm out of ideas, then.  I wish I could help more.

Baron
Thread
load data infile and character setCaleb Racey26 Oct
  • Re: load data infile and character setmysql26 Oct
  • Re: load data infile and character setBaron Schwartz26 Oct
  • Re: load data infile and character setDuĊĦan Pavlica29 Oct
    • Re: load data infile and character setAnanda Kumar29 Oct
      • Re: load data infile and character setmysql29 Oct
Re: load data infile and character setBaron Schwartz26 Oct