List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Wultsch Date:October 26 2007 4:29pm
Subject:Re: Comparing keys in two tables
View as plain text
On 10/26/07, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:

> Aaron Fischer wrote:
> > Thanks Peter and Baron, these both worked well.
> >
> > The "left join on" took .1919 seconds and the "left outer join as" took
> > .1780 seconds.
>
> They are synonymous in MySQL.  The only difference is 6 extra characters
> in the query text.  The difference was probably due to caches.
>
> Baron
>
> Out of curiosity which cache are you referring to?

3.23 does not have query cache. Are you referring to key, table, or some
other cache? (or all of the above?)

I would think that the key and table cache would not be effected by the
addition of an optional word that does not affect how the query is
processed...

Where is my understanding incorrect or incomplete?

Thread
Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
    • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
        • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesRob Wultsch26 Oct
          • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesmysql26 Oct