List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: mysql Date:October 26 2007 4:00pm
Subject:Re: Comparing keys in two tables
View as plain text
Aaron Fischer wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have a problem that it seems would best be solved using  subqueries.
> However, I am working on a server that is running MySQL  3.23.58, so
> subqueries are not available to me.
>
> What I am trying to do:
> I have two tables, each containing approximately 37,000 records.  I
> want to compare the index field in Table A to the index field in  Table
> B.  I would like to see all records where the index in Table A  does not
> exist in Table B.

You want to select from A, not from B, yes?

SELECT a.* FROM foo AS a
LEFT OUTER JOIN bar AS b
ON a.index_field = b.index_field
WHERE b.index_field IS NULL;

brian

Thread
Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
    • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
        • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesRob Wultsch26 Oct
          • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesmysql26 Oct