List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 26 2007 3:37pm
Subject:Re: Comparing keys in two tables
View as plain text
Aaron

An exclusion join:

SELECT a.col
FROM a
LEFT JOIN b ON a.col=b.col
WHERE b.col IS NULL;

PB

Aaron Fischer wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have a problem that it seems would best be solved using subqueries.
> However, I am working on a server that is running MySQL 3.23.58, so
> subqueries are not available to me.
>
> What I am trying to do:
> I have two tables, each containing approximately 37,000 records.  I
> want to compare the index field in Table A to the index field in Table
> B.  I would like to see all records where the index in Table A does
> not exist in Table B.
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> -Aaron

Thread
Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
    • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
        • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesRob Wultsch26 Oct
          • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesmysql26 Oct