List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aaron Fischer Date:October 26 2007 3:27pm
Subject:Comparing keys in two tables
View as plain text
Greetings!

I have a problem that it seems would best be solved using
subqueries.  However, I am working on a server that is running MySQL
3.23.58, so subqueries are not available to me.

What I am trying to do:
I have two tables, each containing approximately 37,000 records.  I
want to compare the index field in Table A to the index field in
Table B.  I would like to see all records where the index in Table A
does not exist in Table B.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Much appreciated!

-Aaron

Thread
Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
    • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesAaron Fischer26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
        • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesRob Wultsch26 Oct
          • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesBaron Schwartz26 Oct
      • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesPeter Brawley26 Oct
  • Re: Comparing keys in two tablesmysql26 Oct