List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 23 2007 7:03pm
Subject:Re: upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0 KO
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 23), Ivan Longhi said:
> I'm running mysql-server on a linux debian box
> with apt package system I upgraded mysql server from 4.1 to 5.0 (apt
> automatically execute mysql_upgrade....)
> now on my 5.0.32 server almost everything works fine, except for a
> database containing 4 tables: two of them have been upgraded as I can
> see from the extension of the files (.frm, .MYD and .MYI) and I can
> use them without problems, but the other two tables seem not to have
> been upgraded as they are still with 4.1 extensions (.frm, .ISM and
> .ISD).
> if I try to operate with them I obtain the mysql error ERROR 1017
> (HY000): Can't find file: 'tablename' (errno: 2) I tried to run
> mysql_upgrade again with --force option but It seems they are not
> considered

You'll need to downgrade to 4.1 and then convert those ISAM tables to
MYISAM, or copy those files to a system that is running 4.1 and do the
conversion there.  ISAM format was deprecated in 4.0 and support was
removed in 5.0.

	Dan Nelson
upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0 KOIvan Longhi23 Oct
  • Re: upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0 KODan Nelson23 Oct