List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:October 23 2007 1:33am
Subject:Re: How to know the number of rows used in a SELECT MAX() query?
FOUND_ROWS() not working.
View as plain text
Hi,

Daevid Vincent wrote:
> Is there a way to know how many rows were used in a computation?
>
> I tried this 'trick' but I still get 1, when I know that there are 3 rows
> used...
>
> SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS
> 	MAX(DATE_ADD('2007-10-18 18:04:45', INTERVAL user_access_hours
> HOUR)),
> 	MAX(access_expire)
> FROM
> 	end_user_groups
> 	  JOIN end_user_group_links ON gid = id
> WHERE
> 	enabled = 1 AND uid = 16;

You can use COUNT(*).  FOUND_ROWS() works a little differently, as you
know -- it lets you know how many rows would have been returned without
a LIMIT.  But this query has no LIMIT of course.

> select FOUND_ROWS();
>

> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html>
> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-functions.html#function_
> found-rows>

Thread
How to know the number of rows used in a SELECT MAX() query? FOUND_ROWS() not working.Daevid Vincent23 Oct
  • Re: How to know the number of rows used in a SELECT MAX() query?FOUND_ROWS() not working.Baron Schwartz23 Oct