List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:October 22 2007 8:49am
Subject:Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to list
View as plain text
Hi Rob,

I agree this is a problem for one major reason:

I never know, if someone replies to my post, without the CC to the
list, whether the writer wants to take the conversation off the list,
or if he just hit reply (instead of reply-to-all) out of habit.

If the default is to reply to the list and CC to the originator, then
it is obvious when a reply does not go to the list that the person
that replied does not want his response made public!

On Oct 21, 2007, at 9:18 PM, Rob Wultsch wrote:

> I was previously on a list where the reply-to was setup as it is on
> the
> mysql list, with the originator receiving a response rather than
> list. It
> ended up that that setting was the default, and had not been
> changed when
> the list was setup.
>
> Is there a good reason why the reply-to is setup as it is on this
> list?
>
> I forget to change the destination address for most every email I
> write, I
> would guess I am not alone, and I do not think that this is good
> for the
> list.

Thread
Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRob Wultsch21 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listChristophe Gregoir21 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listJochem van Dieten21 Oct
    • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listSteffan A. Cline21 Oct
      • RE: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRick Faircloth21 Oct
    • RE: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRick Faircloth21 Oct
      • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listBaron Schwartz21 Oct
        • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listPaul McCullagh22 Oct
    • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listOfer Inbar22 Oct
      • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRob Wultsch22 Oct
Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listProntoHost22 Oct