List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steffan A. Cline Date:October 21 2007 8:24pm
Subject:Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to list
View as plain text
on 10/21/07 1:15 PM, Jochem van Dieten at jochemd@stripped wrote:

> On 10/21/07, Rob Wultsch wrote:
>> I was previously on a list where the reply-to was setup as it is on the
>> mysql list, with the originator receiving a response rather than list. It
>> ended up that that setting was the default, and had not been changed when
>> the list was setup.
>>
>> Is there a good reason why the reply-to is setup as it is on this list?
>
> If you could explain why the answer in the FAQ doesn't satisfy you we
> might be of more assistance.
>

>> I forget to change the destination address for most every email I write, I
>> would guess I am not alone, and I do not think that this is good for the
>> list.
>
> I believe it is excellent for the list as it raises the bar.
>
> Jochem
I think the issue is that when people reply to the originator by mistake and
not the list, the list does not get the subsequent correspondence that is
definitely useful to the rest of us. If someone asks a question and someone
else answers it I think we should all see the response without fail so we
can all learn from the response. It also makes for better searchable lists
and averts redundant questions.

My $2USD

** OOPS, what do you know. I have to resend this because I forgot to reply
all. :-P

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : steffan@stripped
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRob Wultsch21 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listChristophe Gregoir21 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listJochem van Dieten21 Oct
    • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listSteffan A. Cline21 Oct
      • RE: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRick Faircloth21 Oct
    • RE: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRick Faircloth21 Oct
      • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listBaron Schwartz21 Oct
        • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listPaul McCullagh22 Oct
    • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listOfer Inbar22 Oct
      • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listRob Wultsch22 Oct
Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listmysql22 Oct
  • Re: Reply-to is to originator rather than to listProntoHost22 Oct