List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig \(OFT\) Weston Date:October 17 2007 1:42pm
Subject:[mysql] Text = Tinytext = MediumText = LongText?
View as plain text
Hello everyone, hopefully a quick question: is there a functional
difference between the various text field sizes other than size? For
example if I wanted to could I run a FULLTEXT index against a LongText
field?

The collary is of course how good of an idea is this, assuming that MOST
of the data isn't even long enough to fill a text field.

Thanks,

Craig
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise
legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in
error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy
or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.

Thread
[mysql] Text = Tinytext = MediumText = LongText?Craig \(OFT\) Weston17 Oct
  • Re: [mysql] Text = Tinytext = MediumText = LongText?Sebastian Mendel18 Oct
    • Re: [mysql] Text = Tinytext = MediumText = LongText?Sebastian Mendel18 Oct
      • RE: [mysql] Text = Tinytext = MediumText = LongText?Craig \(OFT\) Weston18 Oct