List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Doug Phillips Date:October 11 2007 7:44pm
Subject:RE: secure host and user name for non static ip address
View as plain text
> QUESTION:  What are the most secure permissions settings for
> administrator
> access to connect to my server without using a static IP address?

Assuming a unix server (or even a windows server running SSH), use an
SSH tunnel, and then connect to 127.0.0.1:whatever_port_you_chose.  You
get the extra benefit of the traffic being encrypted, plus you don't
have to worry about changing the permissions every $x hours when your IP
changes.

-Doug
--
Douglas Phillips