List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stut Date:October 10 2007 3:36pm
Subject:Re: Query not returning Data
View as plain text
russbucket wrote:
> Sorry about double post, I am having problems with my ISP.
>
> I have the following query:
>
> SELECT *
> FROM Sight_Hearing_Help
> WHERE 'type_help' = "Eye Exam & Glasses"
> AND 'board_action_date' BETWEEN "07-01-2007" AND "12-31-2007"
> LIMIT 0 , 60;
>
> Returns empty row every time. The board_action_date is a varchar field. Not
> a date field. I have also tried using form 2007-07-01.

If board_action_date is a varchar not a date then I don't see how you
can expect between to work.

You could use the STR_TO_DATE[1] function on board_action_date in the
query but this is a very bad idea and will lead to extremely slow
queries. Your best option is to either alter board_action_date to a date
field, or add a new field for it.

-Stut

[1]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/date-and-time-functions.html#function_str-to-date

--