List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Tanner Date:October 8 2007 11:49am
Subject:Re: SAN and ibdata files
View as plain text
Rajan,
  In a SAN configuration, the lun/volume should appear just like a
locally attached physical disk on your server. MySQL will not need any
special configurations to access it, just poiint the datadir to the SAN
disk.

Regards,
Scott Tanner

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 11:06 +0530, Ace wrote:
> Thanks Dan! We do know the permission problem. We tried chown but got "Not a
> owner" error. That is because of "root squashing" in which root becomes
> "nobody" when you cd to NFS directory.
>     To overcome this we tried adding "no_root_squash" to export file. but
> still the error.
>
> I will overcome this somehow.....but my Biggest worry now is - can I
> configure Mysql to use SAN location? if not, why?
>
> Thanks,
> Rajan
> On 10/7/07, Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> wrote:
> >
> > In the last episode (Oct 06), Ace said:
> > > Hi Experts,
> > >
> > >       You all know the size problems with ibdata and log files. We plan
> > > move those files to SAN to have maximum storage possible. We did so with
> > > configuration changes in my.cnf files to save log and ibdata files on
> > SAN
> > > location. But got following error -
> > >
> > > InnoDB: Unable to lock /opsolnfs/mysql/ibdata1, error: 13
> > > InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
> > > InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
> > >
> > >        Any concrete steps to overcome this problem? Your input will add
> > > value in solving our problem.
> >
> > $ perror 13
> > OS error code  13:  Permission denied
> >
> > Check permissions on your data directory.
> >
> > --
> >        Dan Nelson
> >        dnelson@stripped

Thread
SAN and ibdata filesAce6 Oct
  • Re: SAN and ibdata filesDan Nelson7 Oct
    • Re: SAN and ibdata filesAce8 Oct
      • Re: SAN and ibdata filesScott Tanner8 Oct
        • Re: SAN and ibdata filesAce8 Oct
          • Re: SAN and ibdata filesScott Tanner8 Oct
      • Re: SAN and ibdata filesDan Nelson8 Oct