List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ace Date:October 8 2007 5:36am
Subject:Re: SAN and ibdata files
View as plain text
Thanks Dan! We do know the permission problem. We tried chown but got "Not a
owner" error. That is because of "root squashing" in which root becomes
"nobody" when you cd to NFS directory.
    To overcome this we tried adding "no_root_squash" to export file. but
still the error.

I will overcome this somehow.....but my Biggest worry now is - can I
configure Mysql to use SAN location? if not, why?

Thanks,
Rajan
On 10/7/07, Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped> wrote:

> In the last episode (Oct 06), Ace said:
> > Hi Experts,
> >
> >       You all know the size problems with ibdata and log files. We plan
> > move those files to SAN to have maximum storage possible. We did so with
> > configuration changes in my.cnf files to save log and ibdata files on
> SAN
> > location. But got following error -
> >
> > InnoDB: Unable to lock /opsolnfs/mysql/ibdata1, error: 13
> > InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
> > InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.
> >
> >        Any concrete steps to overcome this problem? Your input will add
> > value in solving our problem.
>
> $ perror 13
> OS error code  13:  Permission denied
>
> Check permissions on your data directory.
>
> --
>        Dan Nelson
>        dnelson@stripped

Thread
SAN and ibdata filesAce6 Oct
  • Re: SAN and ibdata filesDan Nelson7 Oct
    • Re: SAN and ibdata filesAce8 Oct
      • Re: SAN and ibdata filesScott Tanner8 Oct
        • Re: SAN and ibdata filesAce8 Oct
          • Re: SAN and ibdata filesScott Tanner8 Oct
      • Re: SAN and ibdata filesDan Nelson8 Oct